The time has come! It’s the annual international vacation for Camille and Brian! I’m giddy with glee and will probably not find repose this evening. In attempt to keep my elated frenzy at bay, here’s a list. Regardless of destination, for a jaunt that requires a 5+ hour flight, here’s an index of things I cannot travel without:
1. Vacuum compression bags: these bad boys permit me the flexibility to cram two weeks worth of garb into a spinning carry-on bag. I bring extra duffle bags for international shopping spoils, natch.
2. Wormy travel pillow: the best I’ve found to reduce “flippy-floppy neck syndrome” (the medical term, obvs).
3. Facial mist: to a) moisturize skin; b) set makeup; c) resuscitate the ol’ visage during/after a lengthy plane ride.
4. Chambray button-up: it functions as wear-with-anything top AND pseudo-jacket/cover up piece. Mine’s from Rag & Bone (similar here), but they’re obviously everywhere.
Madewell Perfect Chambray Ex-Boyfriend shirt
5. Creepy black-out eye mask + earplugs: Who are you? I’m Batman.
6. Gelled up digits: I can’t have my nails peeling after three days — that’s just distracting. And I’d rather focus my time and energy on immersing in the culture and food of a new city than scratching away at deteriorating nail beds. Blech.
These were inspired by Jin Soon Choi’s nails for Tibi’s Spring 2014 runway. Unbeknownst to me, Jin Soon was inspired by hobo code (or “American travelers who lived a nomadic life in the 1920s“). Seems pretty ideal for travel nails to me!
((Cat Power – Ruin))