french immersion: a long weekend in montreal
We took a quick three-night jaunt to Montreal last week. This involved:
- Planes, trains and automobiles
- Eating. Constantly (as evinced by every other photo herein).
- Bagels. Poutine. Brioche.
- Record-breaking heat. Long walks in record-breaking heat.
- Art museums
- Our various servers humoring my practice of elementary-level French. I.e. we talked numbers, food and fruit, days of the week, months of the year, articles of clothing.
- Child-like delight in the presence of animals in the Biodôme
- Repeated beer imbibing at the wondeful Dieu du Ciel
Hibiscus beer. Whaaat? I know.
In the battle of Fairmount vs. St-Viateur bagels, we are divided.
The resident friendly corgi at our favorite boutique, Les Étoffes
That is poutine. Already a belly bomb weighing in with gravy and cheese curds, Au Pied de Cochon added foie gras for good measure.
A lovely watering hole called Big in Japan
Badass antler bar chair
Favorite meal of all: Joe Beef. I mean, we fought over the sweetbreads.
Topshop Petite mom jeans (similar here), Rodarte for Target rain trench for the intermittent downpours.
A charming brunch spot, Communion
Brian speaks with the fishes.
Smoked meat sandwich, Schwartz
The requisite French bistro, L’Express